My goals during therapy
- Help guide you through the healing process
- Uncover and highlight your strengths and ability to heal yourself
- Apply complementary therapy approaches and techniques
Identify what is holding you back from experiencing a more fulfilling and meaningful life
While we can't change unfavorable circumstances of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve the resulting conflicts you have been struggling with until today.
As a result of my training in Marriage and Family Therapy, I have the skills to help people repair and build happy, healthy relationships. I believe that thoughts, feelings, behaviors, and interactions are interrelated between individuals, families, communities, and society; each affects the other on various levels, in positive and negative ways.
I help clients during the process of therapy by working with them to:
- Identify what is causing dysfunction in their lives
- Learn and practice healthy coping skills
- Encourage them to be mindful about their thoughts and behaviors, which can empower them to make positive changes in their lives
- Repair their sense of trust in themselves and others
What to expect during the first therapy session:
- I offer one or two hour initial sessions during which I gather critical information about you in order to facilitate the effectiveness of therapy
- I will review my policies and your rights in therapy, including confidentiality of the information you disclose to me
- I will answer any questions that you may have pertaining to therapy